Our experience in working with airport specifications, airport traffic, and the airport schedules has spanned over the past 35 years. Community Asphalt has performed reconstruction, drainage, earthwork, and paving work at North Perry Airport, TNT Airport, Miami International Airport, Boca Raton Airport, Palm Beach International Airport, Tamiami Airport, Key West Airport, Melbourne Airport, Marathon Airport, Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, and the Big Cypress Airport, and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
One of the most complex airport projects constructed in South Florida was done at the extremely busy Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. This project included earthwork, paving, drainage, runway lighting, and on Runway 9L-27R and Taxiway B. Work was carried out in 10 major phases during the 180 day construction period. All phases had demanding time restrictions and the majority of the phasing was performed in continuous shifts, 24 hours per day.
Other airport projects:
- MIA Runway 12/30 Pavement Rehabilitation-Miami International Airport, Miami-Dade, FL
- Rehabilitation of Runway 9-27, Immokalee Airport, Collier, FL
- International Airport, Taxiway “L” Extension, Palm Beach, FL
- Big Cypress Airport Rehabilitation & Extension, Hendry, FL
- Miami International Airport MIC Connector, Miami-Dade, FL
- Fort Lauderdale Airport, Runway 9L-27R Overlay, Broward, FL
- Key West International Airport, Resurfacing Runway 9-27, Monroe, FL
- Municipal Airport Taxiway ‘D” Rehabilitate, Construct, Mark, Light & Seal, Vero Beach, FL
- Miami International Airport, HJ Apron, Milling & Resurfacing, Miami-Dade, FL
- Boca Raton Airport, Palm Beach, FL
- North Perry Airport taxiway, Asphalt Overlay, Broward, FL
- Homestead Air Force Base, Miami-Dade, FL
- Opalocka Airport Runway 9L-27R Rehabilitation, Miami-Dade, FL